Sanitation & Recycling
The City of Webb City contracts with an outside waste management company for solid waste collection.
The City's trash service provider, Green For Life (GFL) previously know as (WCA) Waste Corporation of American wants you to know and understand how the trash collection program works. Here's some things to keep in mind.
- Trash must be at curbside/alley by 5:00 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- All trash must be containted in the cart issued by (GFL) or (WCA) so that the lid is closed to be collected. NO extra trash will be collected outside the poly-cart.
- The household refuse should be bagged to keep your cart clean and sanitary and prevent litter on windy days.
- The container will only hold up to 200 pounds. Please do not overload.
- The carts remain the property of (GFL) or (WCA) and will be maintained and replaced at no cost to the resident except for damage due to negligence or abuse. Do not take the container with you when you move.
The placement of your cart is very important, since the collection vehicle's lifting arm requires clearance: 3 feet on both sides and 12 feet overhead. The cart should be no more than 2 feet away from the curb or road edge and with the hinges facing away from the street. Each cart needs to be placed at least 3 feet from each other for those that have multiple poly-carts. Place cart no closer than 6 feet away from any automobiles and no closer than 5 feet from any obstruction like mailboxes or fences. We recommend that placement of the carts should be on the opposite side of the driveway from your mailbox.
Items that cannot be placed in the trash container: dirt, sod, concrete, rock, construction or demolition debris, household hazardous waste, hot ashes, or flammable materials such as oil, gas or liquid paint, lead acid batteries, engine parts or tires.
BULKY ITEM SERVICE:
GFL or WCA allows for one bulky item ( couch, chair) per week. Any item that will not fit into the container must be scheduled for removal by calling GFL at 417-623-6620. Please note that your regular trash route driver is not the one who will remove these items. Appliances will not be accepted.
If assistance is needed or you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 417-673-5077.
For questions specific to trash pick up, please call the waste management company directly 417-623-6620.
The City of Webb City offers a yard waste disposal facility located at 2100 N Madison (enter through the same gate as the waste water treatment plant) for local residents of Webb City, Carterville, and Oronogo. Residents can dispose of limbs, brush, bushes, and leaves (please remove trash bag IF leaves are bagged) at the facility.
NO Dumping of construction waste, trash, metal, furniture, etc. at the yard, it is against City Ordinance, and violators will be cited! Please follow directions of signs, and barricades when recycling yard waste.
NEW HOURS OF OPERATION FOR RECYCLABLES: Paper, Plastic, Cardboard, and Aluminum
Monday-Tuesday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday-Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.